The holiday season provides a unique opportunity for giving and serving those in our community and city. It’s always exciting to see new families and individuals reach out with a desire to partner and serve others. Our hope is that in and through these ‘seasons of giving’ relationships will be built and seasons of giving will turn into lives of giving!
Going into this (still) new year we hope & plan to do our best in keeping you all up to date with on-going needs of both the ministry as a whole, as well as, individual needs of our neighbors. We learned early on that ministry is a team sport and done best in community. There’s only one MVP in ministry – Jesus – but He invites us to partner with Him in restoring life, bringing about justice, and righting wrongs, amongst other things. Will you partner with us as we partner with Him?
We have added a new page at the top right labeled “Needs”. There we will keep an on-going list of needs and add to them periodically as needed. Also, we will update our Twitter, Facebook, & Instagram accounts for quick, short updates. If you are able to help with a specific need we post or can offer some assistance in some form or fashion please email us at crossandcrownmission@gmail, reply to the post or call us at (405) 232-7696.
Here is a short list of some current needs…
1. Food pantry volunteer – come for an hour (or more) on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday anytime between 8:30-1:00 to help organize and prepare food boxes to distribute to our neighbors that come for assistance with food.
2. Prayer room volunteer – come on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday at 10:15am and serve by meeting with those who come for all forms of assistance by sitting down with them, filling out paperwork, and praying with them. Typically done by 12:15-12:30.
3. Rebuilding the walls – we are in constant need of professionals or those with skill-sets to assist with plumbing, electrical work, roofing, painting, ect. to help us as we acquire dilapidated homes in the neighborhood and restore them for those seeking home ownership (read more about this effort here.)
4. Rock Island/youth volunteer – come for one or two hours between the hours of 3:00-5:00 on a Monday or 2:30-4:30 on a Wednesday to prepare snacks, guide young kids on computers, play video games with teenage boys or sit & chat with a group of girls. Also, we could use 1 or 2 volunteers on Thursday afternoons between the hours of 3:00-5:00 to assist middle-school & high-school students as they navigate the Bible & dive into scripture to consider different topics.
5. As a 501(c)(3) we are in constant need of financial support. Each of our full-time staff members are responsible for raising their own support. In addition to individual fundraising of staff members we have special efforts and ongoing ministry efforts (such as the Whittier school building & Rebuilding the Walls) that require additional funds in order for us to move forward as we do our best to develop resources we believe are helpful & necessary for our community.
If you would like to offer support, you can do so by way of check or HERE through PayPal – (you don’t have to have a PayPal account to give through PayPal. You can use a credit or debit card.)
If you prefer to write a check, please, make a check payable to “Cross and Crown Mission” and write either “Operations” in the memo portion or designate the staff member’s name of your choice in the memo portion. Mail it to the following address:
Cross and Crown Mission
1008 N. McKinley
OKC, OK 73106